Monday 24 December 2012

Merry Christmas....


It’s early morning Christmas eve, exactly one year ago today that we received the news from Panama that we were finally pregnant. I remember that morning as if it were yesterday, lying in bed at Daniels parents place in Brooks and nervous about checking my phone for an email. It was either going to be the best Christmas ever, or I was scared that we would have bad news and put a damper on the entire holidays, luckily we all know what happened.

One year, I look back at the last year and honestly can’t believe it, the ups and downs, the joy and pain, I don’t know how we found the strength to get through it all, but here I sit, one year later and thankful for how happy and fulfilled I really am.
If anyone ever tells you a child changes everything, you fully don’t know what they mean until you have one. It is the most amazing joy you will ever feel, your life does change, you stop caring about yourself and what your needs are, and everything thing in your being is focused on your child.

I look back on our journey and cant help getting emotional, both Daniel and I would do it a thousand times over again to have Layton here with us. He is perfect, and not just because I am his father, but he is the perfect little guy for us. He smiles, laughs, almost always happy and calm. We get many comments from people on how lucky we are to have him; we usually just look at each other and smile. We know how lucky we are, and mention this to each other one a daily basis.

Christmas will be different this year; the anticipation of having Christmas with a baby in the house has made us even more excited and happy. All our family is coming up to spend it here at our place, the house will be filled with people and laughter, exactly what we had pictured when we started this entire journey.
Layton has shown us what Christmas really means, he is the biggest present we could have asked for or ever received in life.

Merry Christmas to everyone who has helped us, followed us, or even lent support. Too many people to mention but from Daniel, Layton and me I hope everyone has a great Christmas and an even better New Year…. I know we will!



6 comments:

  1. Hi Bradley,

    I came across your blog today and was surprised to see that you're also from Calgary! Congratulations on your beautiful baby! I can relate to your feelings about Christmas as I also celebrated it first time with my three babies born via surrogacy. I'd love to get in touch with you; afterall there aren't many of us in Calgary and I'd love to see more pictures of your boy :)

    My email is masssim516@hotmail.com

    Have a great day!
    Felix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your adventure. I missed you in Panama by a month, our son was born on the 5th of July, me being American (my husband is from Calgary) I was hoping for the 4th. My journey with Punta Pacifica started in February 2011. At this point I think of Dr Sindy as a friend. It was a difficult journey with more time spent in Panama that I care to remember. However, we are thinking about doing it again. We were able to use my eggs, but this time, I think we will use a donor. Only one embryo out of several was usable. Can you point me to your experience using a donor in your blog? I can't imagine how many people have reached out to you. How did you select your donor? I would like our 3rd child to resemble her two brothers as much as possible which would mean using a caucasian donor. Thank you for any insight. I will also be contacting Sindy as soon as we decide if we can afford one more try.

    Thanks,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing nice article, keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bradley and Daniel! Congratulations on your healthy baby boy -- and THANK YOU for taking the time to share your story. I just finished reading it in its entirety and had many moments of laughter and tears.

    I apologize for reaching out -- I'm sure you didn't intend for some many people to try to contact you when you started this adventure. My partner and I are trying to have a baby as well. We were seriously looking into surrogacy in India, and then in January 2013, India closed its doors to same-sex couples. That was when I found out about Panama and eventually your blog.

    If you have the time and the willingness, I'd love to ask you a few questions -- the most important of which is: How did you establish contact with Punta Pacifica? I'm having difficulty figuring that out... My email address is jericfisher@gmail.com. I'd love to hear from you, but of course understand if that's not possible.

    Many thanks,
    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello.
    I am so happy to read about your journey.
    I am in the process of researching. I am a single IF.
    I would love to be able to contact you, perhaps by email, just to be able to ask some questions. Please let me know if that is possible. And then perhaps we can figure out how to exchange information.

    PL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good day,

      Thank you for your comments and quesitons. Please feel free to connect with me via email if you like.
      bewoniak@shaw.ca

      Delete