Friday 10 February 2012

Eleven......

So we have now passed the 11 week mark and for some reason feel more nervous than ever, one short week away until our 12 week ultra sound which marks the finish of the first trimester and the mark where most people start announcing their pregnancy. For us this more signifies that we really are pregnant with less to worry about, other than now planning for the arrival and saving loads more money.

One more week we will get another picture sent to us of the ultra sound, what will the baby look like? Will we be able to see anything that we will recognize? All we know is there has been major growth this past week and the baby is the size of a lime! The growth of the baby is phenomenal now and the baby’s length will double in the next three weeks. The head is grossly out of proportion and is almost half of the baby’s length. We can’t wait for the next ultra sound, and like kids at Christmas we are counting down the days!

This week we had a good friend Paula come over with her baby Charlotte for a visit, Charlotte is 10 months old and a perfectly happy baby. For me it was a bit different this visit. We have always had friend’s children and babies over and our house and this is not abnormal, but for me I was looking at things differently and I was internalizing everything I did with Charlotte, was I attentive enough? Was it awkward me picking her up, would I be awkward with our own baby? Was I feeling a connection like I should since I was having a baby of our own…all these questions in my head. Everyone tells us everything is different when you have a child of your own, your thoughts, emotions, feeling, etc.  It’s funny how you start over thinking things when given the chance. Although I was questioning everything, and how good of a parent I would be, in the end it just re-confirmed my excitement that soon we would have a baby of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment